It is the purpose of this article through the complete reporting of child abuse and neglect:
(1) To protect the best interests of the child;
(2) To offer protective services in order to prevent any further harm to the child or any other children living in the home;
(3) To stabilize the home environment, to preserve family life whenever possible;
(4) To promote adult responsibility for protecting children; and
(5) To encourage cooperation among the states to prevent future incidents of child abuse and neglect and in dealing with the problems of child abuse and neglect.