WEST virginia legislature
2019 first extraordinary session
House Bill 193
[By Delegates Ellington, Linville, Waxman, Foster, Howell, Dean, Harshbarger, Summers, Hamrick, Bibby, Cooper]
[Originating in the House Select Committee on Education Reform D ]
A BILL to amend and reenact §18A-2-7a of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, relating to a statewide school personnel job bank; requiring that a total compensation statement be contained within a job notice; and defining terms.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of West Virginia:
ARTICLE 2. SCHOOL PERSONNEL.
§18A-2-7a. Statewide job bank.
(a) The state board shall establish and maintain a
statewide job bank to assist the recruitment and reemployment of experienced
whose employment with county boards has been
terminated because of a reduction in force. The job bank shall consist of two
parts the following for each county:
(1) A list of the names, qualifications and contact
information of all professional personnel who have been terminated because of a
reduction in force, except personnel who have requested in writing that they
not be listed in the job bank;
(2) A list of professional positions for which the county is seeking applicants, and
(3) A total compensation statement.
(b) The job bank shall be accessible electronically to each county and to individuals on a read only basis, except that each county shall have the capability of editing information for the county and shall be responsible for maintaining current information on the county lists.
(c) The following terms are defined as follows:
(1) “Direct compensation” means base salary and incentives that are provided regularly and consistently;
(2) “Indirect compensation” means any non-cash benefit provided to an employee, including but not limited to:
(A) Health insurance;
(B) Dental Insurance;
(C) Vision Insurance;
(D) Life insurance;
(E) Disability income protection;
(F) Retirement benefits;
(G) Employer student loan contributions or other employee assistance programs;
(H) Educational benefits;
(J) Relocation benefits;
(K) Vacation, Sick Leave, and any other Paid Time Off;
(3) “Total compensation statement” means a list of direct and indirect compensation provided or offered for a position and the employer contributions, including state or local contributions thereto listed individually and totaled cumulatively.
NOTE: The purpose of this bill is to require that a total compensation statement be included in a job posting.
Strike-throughs indicate language that would be stricken from a heading or the present law and underscoring indicates new language that would be added.