WEST virginia Legislature
2016 regular session
House Bill 4214
By Mr. Speaker (Mr. Armstead)
And Delegate Miley,
By Request of the Executive
[Introduced January 21, 2016;
to the Committee on Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development then Government Organization.]
A BILL to amend and reenact §5B-2A-3 and §5B-2A-4 of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, all relating to continuing the Office of Coalfield Community Development within the Department of Commerce; allowing the Secretary of the Department of Commerce to appoint a chief; and defining a term.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of West Virginia:
That §5B-2A-3 and §5B-2A-4 of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, be amended and reenacted, all to read as follows:
ARTICLE 2A. OFFICE OF COALFIELD COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT.
(a) For the purpose of this
the following terms have the meanings ascribed to them
(1) ADepartment@ means the Department of Environmental Protection established in article one, chapter twenty-two of this code;
(2) AOffice@ means the Office of Coalfield Community Development;
(3) AOperator@ means the definition
in section three, article three, chapter twenty-two of this code;
(4) ARenewable and alternative energy@ means energy produced or generated from natural or replenishable resources other than traditional fossil fuels or nuclear resources and includes, without limitation, solar energy, wind power, hydropower, geothermal energy, biomass energy, biologically derived fuels, energy produced with advanced coal technologies, coalbed methane, fuel produced by a coal gasification or liquefaction facility, synthetic gas, waste coal, tire-derived fuel, pumped storage hydroelectric power or similar energy sources; and
(5) “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Department of Commerce.
(b) Unless used in a context that clearly requires a different meaning or as otherwise defined herein, terms used in this article shall have the definitions set forth in this section.
§5B-2A-4. Office of Coalfield Community Development.
(a) The Office of Coalfield
Community Development is
hereby established within the Division of Energy
continued within the Department of Commerce.
director of the
Division of Energy secretary may appoint a chief to administer the
office, who will serve serves at the will and pleasure of the Director
of the Division of Energy secretary.
NOTE: The purpose of this bill is to continue the Office of Coalfield Community Development within the Department of Commerce and to provide the Secretary of the Department of Commerce with greater oversight authority.
Strike-throughs indicate language that would be stricken from a heading or the present law and underscoring indicates new language that would be added.