WEST virginia legislature
2020 regular session
Senate Bill 775
By Senators Maroney and Rucker
[Introduced February 13,
to the Committee on Education]
A BILL to amend and reenact §18-5-9 of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, relating to requiring at least two water bottle filling stations be included in newly built and renovated schools.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of West Virginia:
ARTICLE 5. COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION.
§18-5-9. Schoolhouses, buildings and equipment; health of pupils; repairs; medical and dental clinics.
(a) The board shall provide:
(1) By purchase, lease, building, or otherwise, a sufficient number of suitable schoolhouses and other buildings to meet the educational needs of its district;
(2) The necessary furniture, fixtures, apparatus, fuel, and all necessary supplies for the schools;
(3) For the health and cleanliness of the pupils;
(4) For the repair and good order of the school grounds, buildings, and equipment; and
(5) A minimum of two water bottle filling stations in each newly built or renovated school.
(b) The board may also provide for medical and dental clinics.
NOTE: The purpose of this bill is to require at least two water bottle filling stations be included in newly built and renovated schools.
Strike-throughs indicate language that would be stricken from a heading or the present law and underscoring indicates new language that would be added.