CHARLESTON – The Joint Select Committee on Tax Reform will meet from 9 to 11 a.m. Sept. 14 in the House of Delegates Chamber as part of a joint meeting with the Joint Standing Committee on Energy.
• Severance Tax on Minerals in West Virginia: Mark Muchow, Deputy Secretary, West Virginia Department of Revenue; Mark Morton, General Counsel, West Virginia State Tax Department
• Real Property Tax on Royalty/Mineral Owner Land: Jeff Amburgey, Director of the Property Tax Division, West Virginia State Tax Department
• Inventory Tax on Industry Equipment: Jeff Amburgey, Director of the Property Tax Division, West Virginia State Tax Department
The Sept. 15 meeting will examine taxation of alcohol, tobacco, insurance premiums and subsidies, and gaming taxes and subsidies. It will begin at 9 a.m. in the House Government Organization Committee Room (Room 215-E).
• 9 a.m.: Discussion of Alcohol Taxes and Wholesale Mark-ups -- Mark Morton, General Counsel, State Tax Department; Liz Pardue, Tax Analyst, Department of Revenue; The Hon. Ron Moats, Commissioner, Alcohol Beverage Control Administration; Anoop Bhasin, Chief Counsel, Alcohol Beverage Control Administration
• 10 a.m.: Taxation of Tobacco Products -- Jared Walczak, Policy Analyst, Tax Foundation
• 11 a.m.: Insurance Premium Taxes and Surcharges -- The Hon. Michael Riley, Commissioner, West Virginia Insurance Commission; Mark Muchow, Deputy Secretary, Department of Revenue
• 1 p.m.: Gaming Taxes and Subsidies Overview -- John Musgrave, Director, West Virginia Lottery Meeting agendas and presentations are subject to change. Additional information will be posted to the website in the days before the meeting.
All information discussed during the meetings will be posted to the Legislature’s website, which can be found on the committee's web page. Information also can be found on Facebook and via Twitter at @WVTaxReform. The Committee also requested all public comments be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.