WEST virginia legislature
2016 regular session
House Bill 4224
By delegates trecost, Longstreth, Shaffer, Eldridge, Ferro, Caputo and Kelly
[Introduced January 22,
2016; referred to the
Committee on Education then Finance]
A BILL to amend and reenact §18-5-9 of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, relating to requiring school restroom facilities to have privacy walls.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of West Virginia:
That §18-5-9 of the Code of West Virginia, 1931, as amended, be amended and reenacted to read as follows:
ARTICLE 5. COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION.
§18-5-9. Schoolhouses, buildings and equipment; health of pupils; repairs; medical and dental clinics.
The board shall provide:
(1) By purchase, lease, building or otherwise, a sufficient number of suitable schoolhouses and other buildings to meet the educational needs of its district;
(2) The necessary furniture, fixtures, apparatus, fuel and all necessary supplies for the schools;
(3) For the health and cleanliness of the pupils;
(4) For the repair and good order of the school grounds, buildings and equipment;
(5) Privacy walls in the restroom facilities in schoolhouses and other buildings.
The board may also provide for medical and dental clinics.
NOTE: The purpose of this bill is to require school restroom facilities to have privacy walls.
Strike-throughs indicate language that would be stricken from a heading or the present law and underscoring indicates new language that would be added.