Joint Standing Committee on Education - Agenda
Monday, December 5, 2016, 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Location: House Chamber -
- Call to order.
- Roll call.
- Approval of minutes from the meeting on Monday, September 19, 2016.
- Report on ZoomWV.
- Georgia Hughes-Webb, Data Governance Manager, WV Department of Education
- Information relating to enrollment of students solely for participation in extracurricular activities.
- Mike Donnelly, Director of Global Outreach, Home School Legal Defense Advocates
- Heather Clawges, Concerned Parent
- Information on Education Savings Accounts as it relates to educational impact and budget issues.
- Garrett Ballengee, Executive Director, Cardinal Institute
- Jonathan Butcher, Education Director, The Goldwater Institute
- Brittany Corona, Director of State Policy, EdChoice
- Martin F. Lueken, Ph.D., Director of Fiscal Policy & Analysis, EdChoice
- Information relating to positive ways school districts are using flexibility under current law to implement school calendars that meet their constituents’ needs.
- Clayton Burch, WVDE Division of Teaching and Learning
- Kenneth Tanner, Superintendent, Clay County Schools
- Jeff Kelly, Principal, Saint Albans High School
- Other Business.
*agenda subject to change