I. Meeting called to order
II. Roll call
III. Approval of minutes
IV. Secretary Jimmy Wriston, West Virginia Department of Transportation
Updates from within the Department of Transportation regarding the following topics:
- Supply chain shortages and the costs to projects, including secondary road maintenance.
- Consumer behavior trends related to travel and the impact on the road fund revenues.
- Road fund future health and options for stabilization as consumer behavior and technology changes.
- Update on IIJA preparations, federal guidance, operations, and so forth.
- Estimated project costs for projects, the time delay for permitting, and ultimate costs after permitting delays.
- Supply chain discussion for asphalt, concrete, steel, and other supplies - including any choke points in the process (from equipment to material and anything else).
- Update on organizational and operational changes over the past 5 years.
- Discussion of secondary road maintenance progress, including mowing, ditching, and pothole patching progress.
- Discussion of asphalt plant openings and schedules, progress, timing with planned maintenance and any alternatives to allow for use of new asphalt earlier.
V. Miscellaneous business